Here's another exciting instalment of 'Six Things Happening in My Life Right Now'
1. For the first time in my life I own a sandwich maker, and it's everything I was hoping it would be and then some. My favourite sandwich that I've made so far is banana, peanut butter, and chocolate.
2. My daughter, Maddy, has a bunch of blocks that she likes to play with, but I'm pretty sure I like playing with them more than she does. Also, I build way better towers than she does.
3. Last summer I bought and painted a rocket ship bird feeder. This summer I finally have a yard to hang it in. The birds have been a apprehensive about it; they obviously don't realize how cool it is.
4. Next week I'm heading back to Hong Kong for work. I'll miss my wife, daughter, and sandwich maker.
(update: By the time I actually posted this, I'm already in Hong Kong. It turns out that I don't miss the sandwich maker as much as thought)
5. I noticed on Google Maps that there's a place near my house called 'God's Chair' in the middle of a park, so Maddy and I went to check it out one afternoon. We had to walk through a forest and climb a hill, and finally we were standing atop God's Chair, overlooking a natural rock formation where I guess God could sit if he wanted to, but I don't think it would be very comfortable.
6. I bought a child bike seat attachment for my bike on Craigslist so that Maddy and I could go on wild adventures together. We've been out biking a few times, and I think she enjoys it. I enjoy it too, but I don't enjoy the fact that the seat juts into my chest, makes it hard to get on the bike, and makes it hard to turn. I think I'll eventually have to get a better one.