It's time for another exciting edition of 'Six Random Things Happening in My Life Right Now' (if anyone has a better name for this, please let me know).
1) This past week my daughter celebrated her first birthday. The day before her birthday she said her first word (it was 'cat'), and took her first steps. It was a great week.
2) My wife just bought a fancy sewing machine (anyone who knows my wife will be surprised by this; she's not always the most domesticated woman). I'm secretly excited about attempting to make my own pants.
3) Once again I'm back in Hong Kong for a couple of weeks for work (my actual work, not this cartooning business. However if anyone wants to fly me across the world for cartooning, be my guest).
4) This week I was one of the millions of Canadians who voted in the national election. The voting station was in an charmingly outdated school gymnasium which reminded me a lot of the elementary school that I went to (shout out to my Graminia School peeps).
5) On the plane to Hong Kong I finally got to watch Jurassic World. The movie itself wasn't that great, but I do love seeing dinosaurs come to life. Fun fact about me: I used to be a designer at a palaeontology museum (shout out to me Royal Tyrrell Museum peeps).
6) I make these iron-rich pancakes for my daughter using baby formula, and they taste even better than regular pancakes. Last time I made them I got distracted and left one on the frying pan for over 10 minutes.