In the past I have called this segment '6 Things Happening in My Life Right Now'. Obviously that doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, so I decided to find a new name for it. After countless minutes of brainstorming (one name that I wisely rejected was 'A Peek Behind the Beef Curtains'), I finally found one. These segments are sort of like a visual journal, so the new name, 'Dear Diary' seemed fitting. Anyway, without further ado here is a peek inside my personal diary:
1. At age 1, my daughter has become infatuated with a Russian kids show called Masha & the Bear. It's about a young girl who hangs who spends her days pestering a bear that lives in the woods. We don't know why she loves it so much, but my wife and think it's because she sees a lot of herself in Masha; she sort of looks like her, and she also loves harassing fury creatures.
3. Once again I am currently back in Hong Kong for a few weeks for work (it's not easy being an internationally famous photographer). This will likely be my last trip to Hong Kong for a little while, so I will be stuffing myself with as many dumplings as possible while I'm here.
4. I make a special point of not crying on airplanes. Usually this is very easy - sit there, don't cry. On my recent flight however, I happened to watch a movie that made me break down in tears next to bunch of strangers . The movie was 'Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl'. It was actually a really funny movie, and overall well done. I recommend it. I also cried when I received the plane food, when my seat wouldn't recline, and when there was a line-up for the washroom.
5. I'm been busy working on this year's Land of Le Beef Advent Calendar, and I'm really excited for it. If you're new to the Land of Le Beef, every year I post a series of festive Christmas cartoons everyday from Dec 1 - Dec 25. This year it has a Hollywood theme, featuring elves re-enacting famous movies lines. I predict that it will go viral and sweep the nation. By Christmas day I should be pretty famous.
6. While in Hong Kong I'm staying with friends who own two cats, whom I refer to as the grey one and the brown one (this is what I call the cats, not the friends). They grey one really likes me.