If you're an IB teacher, then these IB learner profile posters will be right up your alley. I made these for my wife's classroom because wanted a fun way to remind her students of these qualities, and because I like drawing animals.
Last month I saw a crab running along the beach carrying a straw. It was incredible. Comments on the Land of Le Beef Facebook Page suggested he may have a can of Coke hidden away, or that he may be involved in some kind of crab jousting match. Whatever the case may be, it is clear that I need to do a whole series of cartoons with this crab and his straw.
Introducing a new Land of Le Beef segment: Six Things Happening in My LIfe Right Now
1. This summer my wife and daughter and I moved from Hong Kong to Vancouver. Since being here I have re-established my love of trees and mountains.
2. I have been growing my hair out for the past year or so. I don’t have any plans for how long I’m going to let it grow; I’m just going to enjoy the journey and see where it takes me. Part of me has always wanted long hair.
3. My neighbour offered to lend me his stepladder so that I can install an electric door opener in my garage.
4. Madeline (my daughter) has been getting very close to taking her first steps. She also just learned how to wave, and she loves dancing to funky music.
5. Most of my electronics don’t fit in Canadian outlets. I might try pounding them in with a hammer. (update: I went to Chinatown and finally found some adaptors. Life is a little bit better now)
6. I bought a composting bin. It lives at the end of my lawn, and loves it when dump my food scraps in his mouth. We have a good relationship.
Maybe someday I'll have a deep and meaningful conversation with my barber, or, at the very least, a shallow and meaningless conversation.
Anyway, enough about that and more about my hair. I'm about a quarter of the way to growing my hair long. I've always wanted to have long hair at least once in my life, but every time that I started growing it I would chicken out as soon as it got to that awkward phase. Not this time. Nope. I have powered through, and so far my hair looks awesome. Months from now I will long flowing locks like my hero Fabio, and I will wave my head around in slow motion every chance I get.
I recently watched a video online of an octopus taking photos at an aquarium in New Zealand. His name is Rambo (I really regret not drawing him with a red headband on), and he is now known as the Octographer. My first thought when I saw this was, 'where do get one of these?' (as you know, my full time job is as an award winning wedding photographer). As it turns out, not only do most pet stores not sell octopuses that can take pictures, most of them don't even sell octopuses! I had to buy a goldfish instead, but without tentacles it lacked the capabilities to operate a camera. Oh well, I guess this cartoon is going to have to do.